polaroid

by

         i have been lusting after a polaroid camera for a looong time now. my boyfriend actually gave me one for Christmas last year.  he tracked down a really cool old Polaroid land camera, flash bulbs, and unused film that expired in 1981.  i was so excited! i tore into the box of film, popped it into the camera and... nothing. didn't work. christmas buzz, killed.

     luckily, my birthday is three weeks after Jesus's, and my boyfriend tried again.  this time, he did good.  now, i rarely leave the house without my big chunky polaroid camera dangling around my neck.

1. my two favorite guys-luke and clyde   2. yours truly   3. meredith, luke, and priya  
 4. handsome fella   5. the core four


      i love that each image is a surprise, and each is precious (at around $3 an exposure!). it really makes you choose the right moment, compose the right shot, and then... click!  i shove it in my purse and wait.  twenty minutes later, whoop there it is.

      two packs of film down and one to go before I order more. i can't wait to see how the last ones turn out!